Location: Worcester, MA
- This position is responsible for the support of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment, application package development/deployment, end user systems configuration, product evaluation, and performance monitoring.
- Provides technical and operational leadership to peers within Information Services.
- Designs, supports and maintains all development, test and discrete production images for VDI and physical PCs/laptops.
- Scripts and integrates application packages for our distribution software, Ivanti (formally LANDesk) using PowerShell, batch, Orca and/or transforms.
- Configures and manages user personalization solutions, i. e. AppSense. Manages multiple facets of Windows 7 OS, inclusive of registry, file system, services and ODBC connections.
- Designs and supports images for HP Windows Embedded OS thin clients, used by both internal and external employees, accommodating for differences in departmental workflows.
- Acts as a VDI subject matter expert (SME) for Major Incident Management support.
- Develops and presents recommended infrastructure changes for the physical and virtual PC environments to the Change Control Advisory Board.
- This includes implementation, testing and back–out white pages, complete with disaster recovery proposal(s).
- Required: High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s of Science or equivalent work-related experience preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of technical customer service experience required.
- Background in VMware, AppSense, ThinApp, and Horizon View environments required.
- Scripting and programming with PowerShell and batch script required.
- Demonstrated technical experience in PC hardware and software support environments required.
- Must be able to self-manage and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have a solid knowledge base of Microsoft Office suite applications, and basic Inter/Intranet skills.
- Must have excellent customer communication skills, be organized and efficient.
- This position is required to participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation.
- Desktop operating systems (including registry level) administration, Active Directory, and TCP/IP networking are required.
- Ivanti (formally LANDesk) or SCCM knowledge preferred.
- Experience with ITIL and Lean process improvement methodologies preferred.