Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months
- The Business Application Expert provides expert application knowledge that is global for a business area rather than being single process focused.
- These applications support core business processes such as claims adjudication, membership enrollment, financial processing, etc.
- PowerMHS Amisys, Facets, and Lawson are examples of core processing systems.
- The incumbent is sought when there is application considerations needed due to problems, projects, or for overall assessments.
- This role’s oversight and strategic thinking skills ensures that comprehensive, efficient solutions are being developed and implemented without negatively impacting the current operating environment and systems.
- This expertise is usually difficult to find in the marketplace.
Configuration Oversight-Sr Business Application
Ideal Candidate would have:
- Strong Facets configuration background in addition to other core processing systems (Facets Benefit Configuration is a must)
- Medical Plan and Application Support SME is preferred with both front and back end building experience
- Additional optional expertise in claims, group, billing, provider demographics, pricing, capitation would great
- Understanding of multiple system application groups
- Experience with querying Facets data via SQL or other backend tool required
- Understand data model and table dependencies
- Understand and have been involved in system upgrades, new releases, change packages
- Strong technical and analytical experience
- Good understanding of business operational practices
- Experience in project lifecycle and deliverable dependencies
- Experienced with root cause analysis of issues
- Strong process and technical improvement skills
- Candidate character traits:
- Strong communication skills; ability to meet with people at all levels
- Proactive; self-starter
- Willing to escalate or involve management to resolve obstacles
- Accountable to delivery dates (extra effort/overtime if necessary)
- Creative in developing solutions to problems
- Collaborative with other business stakeholders
- Accountable to provide updates to our stakeholders