Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Works closely with customer to develop requirements for major projects of considerable complexity.
- Prepares general system design specifications.
- Creates, reviews, analyzes and estimates project requests.
- Performs research and analysis of customer initiated inquiries and requests, leveraging extensive programming experience and utilizing technical tools as necessary to debug/analyze problems.
- Fields direct questions from Operations Staff regarding business, technical and operations rules.
- Develops technical solutions to complex business and system problems.
- Leads development teams through project implementation.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers handling all aspects of client relations concerning technical projects, including notifying the client of implementation schedules and co-ordination and assistance in presentation of results.
- Provides leadership by mentoring others and sharing business and system knowledge.
- Reviews and validates test results per requirements.
- Understands other MMIS changes in process that may impact the customer, and notifies the customer of such changes well ahead of their implementation.
- Understands the connections between multiple State initiatives and their cross-impact.
- Vendor Management: Provides single point of contact for various vendors (software and interfaces). Coordinates installation, upgrades, problem investigation and resolution.
- Supports Integrated Test Facility (QA) as needed.
- Provides guidance to a team of Business Systems Analysts.
- Manages the team’s workload and assigns work.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years business analysis experience.
- 3+ years managed care experience.
- Demonstrates proficiency in a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures applicable to job-related subject areas