Location: Des Moines, IA
Duration: 9+ Months
- project manager experience on IT programs that span business and IT processes – Required 12 years
- As a project manager, demonstrated experience picking up a current project mid-flight and re-establish a project plan – Required 5 years
- Communicate project status, and run executive-level meetings on a project with a budget exceeding 10 million – Required 5 years
- Experience working on project to implement a third-party product and integrate with existing IT systems – Required 5 years
- Experience leading and facilitating working group on a project with multiple work streams – Required 5 years
- Familiar with Jira or other ticket tracking systems – Required 5 years
- Interview business partners to develop and update workflow diagram – Required 5 years
- Extensive and current use with Microsoft Project – Required 5 years
- Experience working on a project that follows federal Project following a hybrid of Agile or iterative project methodology guidelines – Required 5 years
- Experience working on a project that follows federal compliance guidelines – Highly Desired
- The Project Manager must have the ability to step into an existing team, pick up the team dynamics and continue productivity.
- Highly professional and seasoned Senior Project Manager with ability to manage multiple cross functional work streams across IT and Business to align the delivery of a highly visible, high impact, complex IT Workforce Development software solution with business process, policy and Federal compliance requirements.
- The main focus of the Senior Project Manager will be from a business perspective, but they will also have to organize the requirements from a third party vendor and internal IT team.
- A greater emphasis will be placed on managing multiple work streams across various business stakeholders and departments combined with strategic, complex project delivery.
- The PM will be part of a PMO team responsible for all aspects of IT project governance, assessment, management and control.
- The ability to gather and define requirements; build and maintain a project plan; identifying resource needs; and transparent, clear communications across all levels of stakeholders.
- The PM will need to be sure the project stays on track with the timeline, deliverables and within the defined budget.
- The project will be Agile like with a form of iterative development.
- Scope management
- Time management
- Cost management
- Quality assurance
- Human resource management
- Vendor management – ability to influence and drive results
- Risk management
- Procurement management
- Stakeholders management
- Agile framework
- Testing Practices