Location: Providence, RI
- The Senior Systems Engineer develops, maintains, and supports technical infrastructure, hardware, and system software components for the end user community.
- The senior engineer learns and understands the technological ecosystem, and researches, implements, maintains, configures and debugs multiple pieces of infrastructure.
- Packages, virtualizes, deploys and supports software for the end user community.
- Configures, maintains and provides policy and procedural guidance for hardware, software, and operating systems for physical and virtual desktops, as well as mobile device management.
- Oversees and leads high-level root cause analysis for service interruption recovery and creates preventive measures.
- Evaluates system inefficiencies, makes and implements recommendations to consolidate and integrate systems for better end user workflow.
- After implementation, facilitates documentation and hand-off of software, infrastructure and systems to other technical teams for continuing support and administrative duties.
- Strong project planning, team participation, design, analysis, leadership and communication skills are expected of the Senior engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area with five to seven years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience expected with enterprise IT infrastructure such as Microsoft SCCM, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) using VMWare and Nutanix, Microsoft Group Policy, enterprise antivirus management, enterprise document management such as Microsoft SharePoint, mobile device management such as Good and Airwatch, software packaging and virtualization technologies such as VMware ThinApp, AppVolumes, and Liquidware FlexApp.