Location: Minneapolis, MN
Duration: 6+ Months, Contract to Hire
- The Senior Quality Analyst is responsible for developing, documenting, and testing in one of our product teams.
- This role plays a critical part as a member of an agile product team using typical scrum methodology.
- This position holds technical knowledge pertaining to development, operating systems, web applications and databases.
- In addition, the Senior Quality Analyst is expected to become a SME in at least two applications or platforms with mastery of any associated business processes.
- In addition to testing the teams work items every sprint, this role is expected to be an automation champion, owning the requirements for automation and working with an automation developer to further automated regression suites.
- The selected contractor will be working on the Web & Application and Development Team.
- This person will be the only dedicated QA resource on this team
- 4 years of broad QA/Testing experience to include Web, Client and Database testing
- 2 years of database SQL experience at an intermediate or advanced level.
- Strong personal skills, unafraid to ask questions, chase down answers and lead conversation.
- 1 year working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of web-services and ability to test using tools such as SOAP UI.
Preferred Skills (candidates should have most but may not have all skills listed below):
- Experience in a healthcare setting with a Payor/Healthplan company strongly preferred.
- Ability to show analytical qualities through information gathering and preparation in the form of business requirements, test plans and scenarios, presentations, diagrams, etc.
- 1 year EDI test experience or can demonstrate a full understanding of at least one EDI transaction including the technical companion guideline for the transaction.
- Test experience in any: 834, 835, 837 EDI files.
- Payor claims platform domain knowledge
- EDI read and edit capability. Ability to translate TR3/companion guide to EDI file.
- Written and verbal communication to communicate effectively with developers, business analysts, scrum masters, product owners, business partners and managers
- Experience in Agile QA and SDLC lifecycles, best practices, and tools.
- Advanced ability to think through negative and alternate test scenarios.
- Understanding of claims platforms and payer systems
- Technical apptitude to understand development environments, solution architecture, servers, version control, data modeling, scripting, and test automation tools
- Ability to formulate test strategy, test planning and test data creation and management
- MUST become a key contributor in all works sessions and scrums by having the ability to think quickly and provide analysis, questions and facts to the team
- Ability to partner effectively with business teams and become their advocate and SME.