Location: Chicago, IL
- Implement and maintain Cybersecurity program.
- Manage a team of professionals, acting as a coach to help develop and mentor the team on Cybersecurity and healthcare industry practices.
- Create, address, and maintain project plans and service requests, while delivering to project deadlines.
- Conduct ongoing security risk assessments and offer mitigation strategies.
- Prepare department-level presentations to communicate security maturity and risk.
- Work with Health Information Technology, Privacy, Operations, Compliance, Audit, Risk, and Learning & Development teams to help raise security awareness.
- Support business operations while improving security controls, with a focus on automation and continuous monitoring.
- Conduct Security Committee meetings as assigned.
- Contribute to the annual, enterprise HIPAA security assessment.
- Make recommendations to enhance the annual Security Plan.
- Make recommendations for policy changes pertaining to Information Security as business needs change and applications are enhanced.
- Act as the Incident Response lead.
- Evaluate systems, applications, networks, and medical devices for vulnerabilities and to ensure proper security requirements are met.
- Research national and global security issues for emergency triage planning.
- Review contract agreements to ensure security needs are met.
- Complete appropriate security documentation to comply with policies and meet internal and external auditor’s expectations.
- Promote the goals, expectations, and policies of the department and organization.
- Minimum of six (6) years of Information Security/Cybersecurity experience, with three (3) to five (5) years of technology management and project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- A current CISSP, CISM, or equivalent security certification.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, PCI, and NIST CSF.
- Senior leader level presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work alone and in a team setting.
- Knowledge of healthcare applications, trends and industry standards is a plus.