Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months
- Responsible for the analysis, development, installation, modification and support of complex software and/or information solutions.
- Designs software and/or information solutions based on functional area assigned.
Major Job Functions/Components:
- Independently perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand and execute all assignments.
- Independently code, debug, revise and document intricate objects or systems.
- Design solutions based on functional area assigned.
- Works closely with solution and information architecture to ensure alignment to design.
- Implement the tested and approved objects in a manner which protects the integrity of all test and production environments.
- Adhere to all solution delivery standards, service level agreements, and processes (i.e., Balancing, Data Security, Walk thru and Approval processes, Program/System documentation, Status Reporting, Escalation, Change Management, Problem Management, Software Development Methodology, etc.), as well as participate in the development of these standards and processes.
- Independently analyze complex business problems or opportunities and prepare detailed specifications and estimates from which objects will be written at the project level.
- Create effective unit test plans from the technical specifications.
- Independently analyze application and system problems and incidents; develop recommendations and solutions for those problems, implement those solutions, and provide communications on the associated actions, business impacts, and results.
- Identify best practices, communicate and implement these practices to the department.
- Create and sustain business literacy and understanding of business processes in the IS organization.
- Provide detailed application and code expertise to the development, testing, business teams.
- Coordinates vendor solution delivery and partners with vendors to effectively meet business needs and timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or mathematics OR Associate’s degree specifically in computer science field.
- 5+ years’ development experience, 7+ years’ experience required if no degree.
- 2+ years’ experience with Ab Initio ETL Development
- Unix scripting experience
- Experience with Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, and Spark
- Experience with Python 3+
- Development experience with at least one of the major database systems (i.e. DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata).
- Experience working with vendors for effective solution delivery.
- Experience with SDLC and Agile vs Waterfall development
Additional Education/Experience Preferences:
- Java Development experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience with integrated solutions.
- Experience with testing methodologies with the stated major development languages.
- Experience with software development tools (i.e. Rational)
- Familiarity with using REST API
- Experience with Reference-, Meta-, and Master- Data Management
- Experience with Data Quality frameworks
- Ability to apply seasoned judgment to facilitate informed decision making in difficult situations.
- Strong relationship management skills to facilitate effective working relationships with vendors.
- Ability to manage and/or participate in projects and ensure work is completed on time with high quality
- Must be self-directed with proven initiative.
- Focused on continuous learning with solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interview with a focus on fact finding and discovery
- Ability to assimilate factual data pursuant to formulating a conclusion
- Process and logic oriented
- Effective verbal or written communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to be self-disciplined, flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Comfortable providing recommendations and status updates on a regular basis
- Highly organized with the ability to work in an environment where the ability to effectively multi-task is often needed