Location: Town & Country, MO
Duration: 6+ Months
Position Purpose: Administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the availability, performance, and integrity of the company database. Mentor and act as the “go to person” for other Database Administrators.
- Assist data modeling to design and implement data structures which meet the business requirement for timely, accurate data
- Promote data quality and enforce data integrity
- Resolve database performance issues, capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues
- Determine user requirements, set up and test computer databases, and coordinate changes
- Interact with development and end-user personnel to determine application data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis, and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated databases
Skill Sets: Oracle Application DBA, Oracle/Exadata Stored Procedures/Tuning, Oracle (Exadata) database design.
Additional Information: This position will be helping design, build and tune the applications needed for migration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Oracle: Unix/Linux; Microsoft Windows; Oracle 10/11g; Microsoft SQL Server; Advanced SQL; Performance Tuning; Backup & Recovery; Clustering Technology; Real Application Clusters; Advanced Shell scripting; Technical documentation
- SQL: Microsoft Windows Clustering; Performance Tuning; Backup & Recovery; PowerShell scripting Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, Technical documentation
- Teradata: Unix/Linux: Microsoft Windows; Advanced SQL; Performance Tuning; Backup & Recovery; Advanced Shell scripting; Technical documentation; Teradata Viewpoint, TASM, Teradata administration; PeopleSoft: NA