Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 12 Months
- Provide significant business and technical expertise in data warehouse and/or data store development to support enterprise level solutions for complex and varied business issues, while considering broader impacts of business/architectural decisions to the current Information Delivery environment.
- Develop solutions utilizing varied platforms and technologies (i.e. Teradata, Hadoop) and/or strategic data stores (i.e. Enterprise Operational Data, Master Data Management) to best meet business needs.
- Liaise with the business community to facilitate an understanding of the data stored in ID supported repositories and how it can be most effectively used to meet organizational objectives.
- Effectively lead work within a complex delivery environment with a focus on conflict resolution, process adherence, quality assurance and overall delivery success.
- Ensure final work product on assigned projects meets requirements in areas such as cost, governance and quality standards, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate effectively with external vendors, partners and stakeholders to help resolve delivery issues across the organization.
- Provide both thought and subject matter leadership to assist project teams and other team members in determining the best approach to completing work assignments and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in data management, data integration, data warehousing and/or systems analysis.
- In lieu of degree, 7 years of experience as stated above.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience in healthcare or insurance is preferred
- Experience working on a Teradata platform preferred
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (i.e. Hadoop) required.
- Working ability in a UNIX/Linux environment preferred
- Strong relationship building and consultative skills with the ability to effectively apply data to solve business issues
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to resolve intermediate to complex business issues
- Knowledge of industry trends and data governance/data quality best practices
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work well with varied delivery partners and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills to identify and summarize content/themes, issues/problems, and methods of implementation/resolution
- Solid project management and organization skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environmental/technology/business drivers
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.