Location: Philadelphia, PA
Duration: 3+ Months
- The senior data analyst is passionate about healthcare delivery in a patient care setting.
- A successful candidate is articulate, analytical, and a team player who understands the power of data in clinical settings.
- The analyst enjoys coordinating with interdisciplinary teams to create end to end solutions for improving operational and clinical decision making.
- S/he learns quickly, works independently, and is relentless in overcoming technical, process, and organizational obstacles.
- The senior analyst will join the will be responsible for empowering users with data across the institution, providing a unique blend of clinical, technical, and analytical expertise.
- The team works with multiple groups within the organization to improve clinical quality, improve patient safety and streamline operations.
- The team combines business knowledge with technology to empower decision makers and believes that analytics and data can improve outcomes, optimize processes, and reduce costs.
- The team is looking for creative problem solvers who are excited about joining a collaborative team with a big impact.
- The senior data analyst will be staffed to lead high-profile projects and will be a reliable expert in translating clinical and business requirements into meaningful analysis.
- The candidate will need to build relationships with key stakeholders, be an expert in multiple data sources, and implement sustainable solutions.
- S/he will be counted on to bring project management experience and share best practices with the team.
- The analyst must be comfortable with mentorship and leading team development and skill development efforts.
- Guides clinical teams and business stakeholders on high-profile projects: gathering requirements, developing metrics, retrieving data, and ensuring validity of results
- Utilizes advanced analytical and statistical ability to evaluate data, make judgments, and recommendations regarding process and outcome improvement work, including: resource utilization, physician practice patterns, and clinical pathway effectiveness.
- Proposes and creates innovative and appropriate data solutions (dashboards, reports, business intelligence tools, etc) for the measurement of processes and outcomes
- Advises on new data models, testing frameworks, and documentation practices
- Demonstrates excellent presentation and communication skills to share findings in an understandable and actionable manner tailored to audience and customer’s needs
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of assigned projects, including project definition, assignment of task responsibilities, setting deadlines, and all other aspects of project management.
- Identifies, defines, and implements new data-driven strategies and processes for the organization.
- Communicates work plans, progress, findings and interpretations effectively with a continual focus on educating and developing analytic capability of business customers and the organization overall.
- Trains and mentors team members
- Develops a “trusted advisor” reputation through expertise in data
- Experience in at least one computer programming language or analytical programming language (R, Python, SAS, etc)
- Experience with data visualization tools preferred (Tableau, Qlik, etc)
- Experience with SQL preferred
- Master’s degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, health services research, economics, quantitative science or related discipline PLUS 5 years of experience in analytics or process/quality improvement OR
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field PLUS 6 years of experience in analytics or process/quality improvement