Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months
- Utilizing strong functional/technical area knowledge of and expertise with relevant systems/applications, the incumbent defines, evaluates, and validates requirements, business functional design, and technical design for complex business issues within their domain areas.
- They act as a liaison representing their department and the processes and workings within it to develop effective technical solutions and minimize operational and system/application impacts.
- Coordinates with IT to support problem resolution, testing, software upgrades and related projects of a more complex nature.
- Technical Support/Business Expertise
- Provide advanced technical knowledge and support in operational system/application and procedural issues to the business and IT.
- Use judgment and initiative to review, analyze and develop solutions for business systems while identifying and quantifying the business impact of those solutions.
- Provide systems analysis expertise and regularly considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Coordinate ongoing user support for ad hoc questions, inquiries, and service requests.
- Ensure efficiency of reporting and data tools for supported business area use and for trend analysis.
- Assist less senior Business Systems Analysts to enhance overall team performance
- Facilitate the resolution of large, complex production system problems by
- Performing initial triage for severity and business impact of system/application failures.
- Troubleshooting and analyzing to determine root cause of issues,
- Developing applicable business processes and solutions to ensure quality, cost effectiveness, timeliness of customer service, and regulatory requirements and mandates are met.
- Coordinating with IT, other teams and vendors as needed to devise, test and implement long term remedies.
- Coordinate the development of system support processes with IT; coordinate daily to resolve production support issues, including application failures and user errors; document, track and report all system support activities
- Work collaboratively on projects and initiatives with the business and IT by eliciting and documenting business requirements and preparing appropriate functional specifications while considering technical capabilities of the system/application and ensuring an integrated approach is used.
- Act as Business Lead/Coordinator on large, complex departmental and/or some corporate projects/initiatives.
- Facilitates project intake, including scheduling of projects.
- Review and approve technical specifications
- Coordinates with IT on implementation and post implementation support
- Coordinate and develop testing plans with Business area and IT
- Serve as point of contact for business testing activities and influence testing strategy to ensures testing will appropriately meet business requirements
- Develop, document and may, in some cases, execute test plans and scenarios
- Analyze and verify results for accuracy, relevance and completeness.
- Provide impact assessments and make recommendations to the business owner regarding issues, risks, etc.
- Train/coach others on appropriate testing protocol, execution and test plan creation.
- Assist IT and help identify business area impacts for hardware and software upgrades, security changes, and architectural enhancements as needed.
- Configure and maintain critical system tables and data elements across multiple system environments
- Analyze, develop and implement configuration changes to improve system performance and user efficiency
- Monitor configuration for accuracy and compliance to change control processes.
- Undergraduate degree with 3 years of application/systems analysis experience (i.e. testing, project team work related to system functionality/process development).
- If no degree, 6 years application/systems analysis experience or 8 years experience in relevant business function developing significant technical skills with associated applications/systems
- Direct experience with automated tools to perform analysis and reporting (i.e. Business Objects, query writing) is required.
- Some project coordination experience is required.
- Visual Design tools knowledge/skills required.
- Familiarity with health care industry is preferred
- Experience in consultative role preferred.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills that include workgroup leadership and/or problem resolution across multiple groups.
- Project management skills.
- Focus on proactive and creative solutions to meet current and future business needs.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply technical specifications
- Ability to coach and train less experienced BSAs.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid formal presentation skills.
- Ability to work in and/or lead cross-functional project teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to interpret and present quantitative data.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Process focused Solid PC skills with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.