Location: St Louis, MO
Duration: 12+ Months
Top Skill Sets: Pega Developer (CSSA or CSA Level) Java Developer, Relational Database.
- Position Purpose: Design, build, test and maintain Pega application customized for claims processing processes.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Pega technology for other Application Software Developers and Engineers.
- This role will be specifically engaged in a high-level position in a Pega Support Team, analyzing issues with current production-based incident tickets, as well as developing new enhancements within the Pega application.
- As such, a broad-base of development skills is desired beyond Pega — including Oracle/SQL Server experience, Java, web services, messaging, and/or stored procedures to help solve problems.
- Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Responsible for overall design of the solution
- Design, build and test applications
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
- Strong working knowledge of COBOL, JAVA, JSP, Supertool, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting
- Amisys, Facets or other claims management system experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Java Script, OOP/OOAD, XML, HTML, ASP.Net, C#
- Experience with Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience with web services, messaging, and stored procedures