Location: Albany, NY
Duration: 6+ Months, Contract to Hire
- Top Skill Sets: System Administration/Business Intelligence-WebFocus.
- The role is for report promotion and customer service for our operational reporting.
- They will need to support the administration and maintenance of hundreds of reports.
- The job isn’t extremely technical, it is more administrative (no coding), but they need to understand how to move files around servers.
- Right now the admin monitors system readiness 7 days a week, we are trying to stop having to do that, but instability in the platform has demanded a very high level of involvement.
- Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Application Software developers and Engineers.
- Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Responsible for overall design of the solution
- Design, build and test applications
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
- Experience with SQL.
- Advanced working knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools, including: MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos or SAS.
- Experience with UNIX and ETL.
- Experience with various databases, including: Teradata, Oracle or
- SQL Server preferred.