Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6 Months
- We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Senior Epic Orders Certified Analyst.
- Epic Certification must be current or within prior on release version.
- Individuals must have a strong background analyzing requirements gathered from clinical end users and other clinical stakeholders, creating BRDs, paper mock ups, flowcharts, project schedules and other tasks such as leading validation sessions and build.
- The right candidate will need the personality to assume ownership a project, create guidance where there isn’t any and influence the direction if it is not correct.
- Strong written and spoken language skills are a must and a strong background in clinical healthcare technologies and processes is strongly preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview users, stakeholders, and sponsors to assess departmental needs to create Business, functional and technical requirements documents.
- Develop documentation of test plans, technical documentation, release notes, end-user guides, training programs and/or other materials as necessary.
- Analyze and document client’s business requirements and processes; communicate requirements to technical personnel by constructing basic conceptual data and process models, including process flowcharts and technical specifications.
- Decompose information gathered into details including sources of data, data types, users, user types, interface components, interface navigation needs, reporting needs, and administrative system needs.
- Presenting concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and business-focused story boards.
- Research industry practices; collect and analyze data; draw appropriate conclusions and recommendations; present results in written reports or through oral presentations using visual aids.
- Coordinate user groups and project teams, convening conference calls and meetings and maintaining minutes and follow-up logs.
- Work collaboratively with Systems Analyst to develop designs, mockups and prototypes.
- Communicate technical design issues to non-technical people.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a fast moving team.
- Ability to lead Business in programs with complex projects.
- Work within timeline and resource constraints provided by the Project Manager.
- Provide ongoing communication with users, managers, corporate directors and vendors to assure support and current initiatives.
- Experience in medical interface implementations (HL, CCD) is a plus
- Experience with HL7 communications is a plus
- Experienced working in a Project Management Office (PMO) with cross-functional teams is a plus.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Orders Certified (ICON cert would be nice)
- Directly worked on integration via Orders or ADT interface between Epic and a large third-party system, preferably an LIS
- Completed multiple go-lives, and at least one from (near) inception to completion
- Experience with an Epic implementation at a multi-hospital system, and/or a major academic medical center.
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, Information systems, business administration or equivalent experience or education is required.
- At least 3 years of clinical healthcare systems experience.
- At least 3 years of experience on commercial core clinical applications.
- Experience documenting system architecture design and clinical system workflow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, highly analytical, possess strong problem solving skills and must have a desire to be accountable for project success.
- Detailed knowledge of general phases of SDLC, project management methods