Location: Grand Rapids, MI
- The Senior Epic Client Systems Specialist works closely with the Epic Client Systems Architect to maintain and manage the health system’s Epic EHR environment.
- This includes work on Windows Servers, Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop servers, and Epic-integrated third-party applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or other technical field; or equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Epic Client Systems administration with progressively more challenging work.
- Must have strong Windows experience.
- Epic Client System Manager (ECSM) certification is required
- Minimum of five (5) years of Windows Server administration.
- Understanding of Networking highly desired.
- PowerShell/VBscript scripting experience preferred.
- Must possess strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good knowledge of SAN/NAS technologies, preferably EMC.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work individually or as a member of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Citrix certifications preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain and maintain Epic training and certification in assigned area
- Responsible for the design, delivery and administration of all core Epic and Epic-integrated Windows-based servers
- Install, configure, maintain, and upgrade all Windows-based Epic applications and services, such as Epic Print Service, Interconnect, and MyChart
- Configuration and maintenance of Epic related printing and faxing infrastructure
- Change management of responsible servers
- Responsible for system backup configuration, execution, and testing
- Epic system Disaster Recovery planning and testing of responsible servers in support of the overarching Epic disaster recovery plan
- Serve as liaison with core infrastructure teams
- Maintain system documentation to enable ongoing support of the system.
- Break-fix and maintenance of Epic Windows applications
- Work with Epic Systems to resolve issues
- Responsible for supporting and independently completing project tasks
- Collaborate with the Epic Client Systems Architect on all changes to the environment
- Monitor performance and resources and adjust as needed
- Apply patches to Epic and Epic-integrated applications and services
- Participate in on-call rotation where responsibilities include troubleshooting server issues and restoring down services
- Quickly respond to issues when they occur