Location: Chicago, IL
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Seven or more years of experience in core discipline.
- Five or more years of experience in core discipline in the healthcare industry.
- Knowledge of business areas, especially those represented on team.
- Experience leading information services projects.
- Formal presentation skills.
- Leadership experience developing applications and workflow design.
General Technical Skills:
- Maintains solid competence for assigned services and systems while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported services and systems.
- Provides significant functional, technical, and operational knowledge of multiple applications and recognized as a subject matter expert.
- Provides technical project leadership in the planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of application software.
- Provides leadership in problem solving, which requires the consideration of the IS strategic plan and short-term goals, the means by which to solve the problem, and development of associated action plans.
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of the full range of IT systems.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs and meets Service Level Agreements as defined in conjunction with our customers.
- Manages customer relationships and follows issues through to closure.
- Includes all aspects of customers (technology users, IS team members, end users, etc).
- Works effectively in supporting the technical teams and customers with project and support activities.
- Actively participates and communications with the project teams.
- Prepares and delivers effective support by seeking a thorough understanding of the team’s goals and objectives.
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members.
- Proficient in all written communication, both internally and externally.
- Ensures technical environments, functional and technical specifications, programs, applications, and issues are adequately documented.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of technology solutions.
- Maintains superior knowledge of relevant changing technologies and development tools and disseminates that information to impacted colleagues.
- Reviews projects, analyzes business requirements, recommends system changes, and writes specifications and implements system and system changes to address changing application and end user requirements.
- Provides leadership including the identification and implementation of best practice standards.
- Develops project plans to direct system activities either in support of application projects or as independent work activities.
- Works directly with project managers to understand application objectives, develop scope of project, outline effort projections, determine schedules, and finalize plans.
- Establishes and enforces standards, policies, and procedures for application systems.
- Participates in long and short-range system planning.
Personal and Staff Development:
- Seeks out new areas of learning and is continually adding to existing knowledge of systems.
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Provides mentoring and acts as a resource for Associate Application Analyst and Application Analyst, as well as members of the technical teams.
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others.
- Shifts easily among different support and project roles as required by situation.
- Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
- Contributes to the IS Knowledge Repository.