Location: New York, NY
Duration: 12 Months
- The Senior Cerner Solution and Interface Analyst designs, deploys, and enhances the Cerner Millennium system and its interfaces.
- Provides technical guidance in Cerner design and implementation methods.
- Assists other technical team members and mentors and educates lower level staff.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implements solutions to address laboratory needs.
- Serves as technical expert in the management and support of Cerner Millennium and its use throughout the laboratories
- Configure and design HL7 and MDI Interfaces for multiple Cerner applications
- Monitor HL7 Interface error queues and resolve integration issues.
- Provides second and third level operational support for issues escalated from the Service Desk.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues in assigned technology including software and application related issues while maintaining enterprise service level agreements.
- Performs specialized programming tasks requiring high degree of technical proficiency
- Develops and maintains documentation related to system implementation, administration, maintenance, and disaster recovery planning.
- Participates in change management and performance improvement programs for assigned technologies, as needed, including mentoring and educating lower level staff, as assigned.
- Performs related duties, as required.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Business Administration, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years systems engineering support and maintenance experience in assigned technology area, in a highly available and complex mission-critical environment, required
- 5 – 7 yrs for Cerner Millennium knowledge required
- Knowledgeable with CCL, Foreign System Interfaces (FSI), and IBUS
- Experience with the integration of lab systems with EMRs, preferable Epic.
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work independently as well as work as part of a fast-moving team