Location: New York, NY
Duration: 12 Months
- Provides guidance and direction to LIS Analysts, and operations of the LIS department.
- The Sr. Cerner LIS Analyst will plan, conduct, and coordinate programming application activities.
- Develop statements of problems and requirements, design systems and write supporting computer programs.
- Work with system users to define business and functional requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems, and develop user and operational documentation
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance and direction to LIS Analysts and operations of the LIS department.
- Investigates and documents existing system procedures.
- Discusses proposed solutions for complex systems with customer and recommends appropriate design alternatives to be implemented based upon customer constraints.
- Develops and executes plans and procedures for data conversion, customer acceptance criteria and installation strategy.
- Prepares reports outlining the proposed systems or revisions.
- Codes, tests, and documents utilizing applications within the LIS environment.
- Performs specialized programming tasks requiring high degree of technical proficiency.
- Analyzes new system functions and uses of information in developing general specifications.
- Develops functional specifications to define detail input/output, file content, system functions/controls and performance criteria.
- Identifies design alternatives that will support a solution to an analysis model.
- Evaluates design alternatives for development cost, runtime performance and software complexity trade-offs.
- Prepares customer user manuals and training materials.
- Participates in user training and provides advice on operational issues.
- Prepares relevant change control documentation and performs build validation.
- Performs related duties, as required.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Medical Technology or related field, required.
- 5 – 7 yrs of Cerner Millennium experience is a must.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in systems analysis and/or programming, required.
- Experience with the integration of lab systems with EMRs, preferable Epic.
- Ability to translate high level specifications for software components into the designs and resultant implementation, required.
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work independently as well as work as part of a fast-moving team