Location: Chesterfield, MO
Duration: 3+ Months
- Evaluate company’s Infrastructure capacity needs and implement plans and policies for meeting business growth demands.
- Ensure consistent service performance, avoids urgent and unplanned investments, and provides consistent information for proactive decision-making
- Analyze appropriate information and data in order to prepare capacity schedules, plans and forecasts
- Assess existing capacity and create forecasts based on future plans for demand
- Collaborate across technical domains to harmonize the collection, analysis, and reporting of performance and capacity data
- Serve as a subject matter expert to application development, systems administration and engineering and other technical and business staff in planning the resource requirements for systems under development
Top Skill Sets:
- XML Development
- Need a broad enterprise infrastructure understanding of OS, SAN, Storage, Oracle, SQL DB, Network, Telephony, Exadata, Taradata, Cloud, Hadoop, Data Center.
- Needs 5-10 years of IT work experience
- Conduct supply/demand, trend analysis, and recommendations for proactive capacity planning to mitigate risk and rationalize the optimal amount of hardware, software and network resources to meet business needs, service level requirements and IT infrastructure growth capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of capacity planning experience.Advanced level understanding of server performance and server CPU/memory capacity topics.
- Operating system or server architecture knowledge of Vmware, Linux, and Windows systems.
- Advanced MS Excel experience.
- Experience with CA Capacity Tools or Splunk preferred.
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
- ITIL Foundations and Capacity certification preferred.