Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 2 Years
- The Business Application Expert provides expert application knowledge that is global for a business area rather than being single process focused.
- These applications support core business processes such as claims adjudication, membership enrollment, financial processing, etc.
- PowerMHS, AMYSIS, Facets, and Lawson are examples of core processing systems.
- The incumbent is sought when there is application considerations needed due to problems, projects, or for overall assessments.
- This role’s oversight and strategic thinking skills ensures that comprehensive, efficient solutions are being developed and implemented without negatively impacting the current operating environment and systems.
- This expertise is usually difficult to find in the marketplace.
What are the top 3 must have technical skills? How much experience with each in years?
Need to be able to analyze claims data from a billing/coding perspective (coding not required but must have a basic understanding of CMS/Medical Policies coding and how that works with billing/paying claims). Need to be able to run data queries – Excel strong intermediate or advanced, databases queries (from claims sources) and strong and critical thinking and analytical skills.
What are the “nice to have” but not required skills?
Strong written/verbal communication skills, will be talking to vendors and presenting data, and also reporting into Senior Roles (performance analysis goes to VP Level) to support their analyses.