Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months
- Identify business requirements and solutions related to the support of the specific business area for implementation of a packaged system software.
- Lead configuration and administration of the Packaged Software, and participating in process design, and system testing.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for application areas, including data definitions, usage and file structure, technical structure of the code and the business rules, and structure of requirements that governs the functionality of the system.
- Lead development of Package Software modification requirements and Interface Design Specifications.
- Configure necessary tables in Packaged Software to support the specific business areas.
- Establish and maintain all Packaged Software file configuration, including complex tasks
- Plan and serve as a key liaison with business areas during development and implementation.
- Independently analyze business problems or opportunities; develop recommendations and solutions for those problems/opportunities, implement those solutions, and provide communications on the associated actions, business impacts, and results.
- Facilitate completion of projects within the allocated time and budget
- Provide direction and assistance to junior staff members
- Provide technical leadership and application expertise to at least one business project team and non-project related activities.
- Provide detailed configuration expertise to customers and business partners. This includes verbal, written, and electronic communication, and delivering presentations when needed.
- Provide consultative support in analyzing business requirements/ use cases / functional requirements in order to ensure the development of efficient enterprise solutions
- Perform analysis of current usage of Package Software and reports back to business areas regarding improvements in process, data quality and results.
- Perform key components of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC):
- Designing –building solutions that support business needs
- Code Development and Maintenance
- Unit Testing – creating sample data sets to validate that the code is developed to perform as intended
- Documentation – writing system/technical specifications to ensure solution supports functional requirements.
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree
- 5 years of experience in system or application administration.
- If no degree, 7 years of experience in system or application administration.
- Experience with PowerMHS or current business systems knowledge required.
- Experience in database systems such as Oracle and /or Microsoft SQL Server
- Fulfillment team: experience with DLS or Thunderhead.
- Fulfillment – prior experience with other document management systems
- Solid understanding of production/QA environment management and support as a part of a tiered support structure.
- Effective communication skills, including verbal, written, and active listening skills
- Ability to follow high-level directions
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to assimilate factual data pursuant to formulating a conclusion
- Ability to understand and assess technical specifications and explain to others in non-technical terms
- Must possess excellent decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects effectively and prioritize activities to meet deliverable dates
- Ability to facilitate, coordinate and make decisions in complex problem solving situations
- Strong negotiation, problem-solving, decision making and influencing skills to work with people across enterprise, garnering input and buy-in
- Leadership skills
- For Fulfillment team:
- Java Script
- Mainframe – TSO, updating VSAM files