Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Duration: 6 Months
Experience as an Agile Scrum Master required, experience as a program Release Train Engineer (RTE) or similar preferred.
- This individual contributor position facilitates the coordination of personnel and other resources (e.g. contractors, vendor partners) required to successfully complete multiple, complex programs of interdependent work, including projects and initiatives, ensuring the delivery of quality business outcomes including underlying project deliverables, overarching program deliverables, new and improved processes, and services.
- The Senior Program Manager manages projects of varying complexity and operates in a tightly regulated industry environment.
- The Senior Program Manager is directly responsible for ensuring the execution of all key steps in program delivery: business, technical and functional requirements elicitation, dependency mapping, milestone projections, task-level program steps, identification and regular publishing of metrics which define program success.
- The position must regularly monitor work to ensure that programs remain in line with projected costs and timelines.
- This is accomplished by ensuring the adoption of well-established, industry best practice frameworks and methodologies.
- The Senior Program Manager is accountable for complying with all laws and regulations associated with duties and responsibilities.
- Interfaces directly with client management (business owners and project team members) in negotiation and definition of requirements.
- Negotiates, defines, interprets plan/policy requirements and presents options and processing capabilities to upper level management.
- Provides guidance and direction to all areas placing requirements on the system.
- Has management responsibility for cross-divisional programs with cross-department and cross-organization impacts.
- Interfaces frequently with IT, PMO and business leaders.
- Exercises diplomacy and tact in discussions with client management on controversial subjects.
- Frequent contact with client management to exchange information and/or make presentations on information systems concepts.
- Reviews and maintains contact with selected user groups with similar problems and user organizations.
- Attends outside technical meetings as directed, making presentations when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Computer Science, or related field.
- Completion of an approved educational program or four years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- PMI certification preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 7-10 years of experience* in planning and implementing projects and programs, including developing scope, goals, work plans, timelines, implementation strategies and measurement processes for assessing progress toward goals and program outcomes.
- The 7-10 years must include a minimum of three years of experience in senior level planning and implementing programs and complex projects, including developing scope, goals, work plans, timelines, implementation strategies and measurement processes for assessing progress toward goals and program outcomes.
- This experience may include serving as a Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer, Product Owner, or Agile coach.
- High degree of competency with PMBOK and PgMBOK (Program Management Body of Knowledge) and/or Agile methodologies and frameworks such as program management, project management, software development life cycle and ITIL.
- Six Sigma and Organizational development best practices a plus.
- Requires advanced knowledge in the field of computer science, including hardware and software products, computer systems, systems analysis, programming, development/maintenance process, and data management for large complex systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to create and deliver presentations to organization management including Senior Management are required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple, interdependent project teams and maintain program oversight with minimal oversight from management.
- Ability to demonstrate presentation and facilitation skills working with key stakeholders and management including executive management required.
- Experience in interpreting and explaining specialized or complex material into information consumable by the public required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to critically analyze business information and process flows, gather relevant requirements and generate business, functional and technical specifications needed for successful delivery.