Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6 Months, Contract to Hire
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to manage a complex project with multiple locations and user groups
- Experience in integrating biomedical devices with Epic in a large environment with integration products such as Nanthealth DCX and Philips IBE
- Good knowledge of health system interfaces including ADT, clinical information and billing
- Experience working with EMR (electronic medical record) systems include the posting of vital signs on patient charts
- Able to handle multiple subprojects with separate components including technical and user driven
- Familiarity with implementing systems and processes for downtimes and disaster recovery
- Knowledgeable in Biomed devices including cardiac monitors, anesthesia monitors, ventilators, telemetry devices, etc
- Familiarity with Biomed device terminology surveillance stations, central monitoring, etc
- Establishment of the steps required to implement the upgrade Biomed application including alerting and notification systems.
- Communication with the clinical areas on the steps required for their being properly prepared for the multiple changes such as interface changes, upgrades including training and testing.
- Coordination of the activities of vendor staff, EITS staff and Biomed staff in the system change and upgrade preparatory tasks.
- Coordination of all testing for the upgrade and changes including vendor validation, functionality and instrument testing by the vendors, clinical users, and EMR interface testing.
- Creation of a step by step Go-live plan to be followed on the implementation date
- Coordination of downtime and disaster recovery testing for Biomed applications.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Highly knowledgeable in the features and function of the Biomedical devices especially in the interfacing with Epic
- Experience with various types of blood products and laboratory test results.
- Health system interface (HL7) working knowledge, preferable with laboratory information including ADT, orders, results and billing
- Experience in system documentation including requirements definition and mapping to required system functionality
- Good end user presentation skills.
- Able to communicate technical information to users in a nontechnical manner Good problem solving skills in resolving issues with complex healthcare systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Will consider an applicant with licensed clinical background (RN, medical technologist or technician, RRT, etc)
- Strong PC computing experience (e.g. Microsoft ® Office, Windows ® operating systems)
- Experience implementing, troubleshooting, or using clinical software applications is preferred, but will consider similar experience with other types of applications.