Location: Washington D.C.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
- AWS Terraform Docker/Kubernetes Desire to work in a fast-paced environment building applications/products from scratch
What are the nice-to-have skills?
- Experience in an early-mid stage startup environment, where product/market fit is continuing to be evaluated, re-evaluated and recalibrated Experience with Make or Bash
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
- Working with cutting edge technology In the Innovation division of Client Working with a broad set of technologists and people (Data science, engineers) Creating things from scratch Making a difference
Key Job Functions:
- Support the development of compelling features using modern tools and technologies with a focus on building future-proof systems that perform at scale.
- Maintain and deploy critical infrastructure components through Infrastructure-as-Code tooling across multiple environments.
- Identifies process improvements and opportunities for automation.
- Implement and maintain an enterprise-grade security posture for all production and non-production systems.
- Maintain, monitor and establish best practices for containerized environments.
- Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems.
- Collaborate with external vendors and teams to monitor, triage, and report on all critical systems.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts across the release lifecycle.
- Act as a resource for customer engagement as it relates to security and compliance.
- Act as enablement expert for software engineers.
- Ensure alignment between IT operations and the business.
Education: Bachelors degree
- 6 or more years of applied experience
- 5+ years experience building, maintaining and deploying production infrastructures in AWS or other cloud providers
- 3+ years experience with the following technologies:
- Kubernetes & Docker
Specialized Knowledge And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related degree, or relevant experience.
- The desire to work in fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Make or Bash
- Has understanding of monitoring, detection and compliance tools.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects and toolsets.
- Flexible, adaptable, independent and reliable.
- Experience in an early-mid stage startup environment, where product/market fit is continuing to be evaluated, re-evaluated and re-calibrated