Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 12 Months
- Typically requires 10 or more years of experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- May require Facets or Niche Skillset such as Power MHS.
- PowerMHS Business System Analyst/Auditing
- We need an analyst who can leverage their experience with PMHS enrollment, benefit, and group configuration to determine if business area processes and procedures have been followed.
These are some of the job functions that will be required:
- Custom group summaries between plan years to determine any errors
- Determine if PMHS has the correct configuration based on the custom group summary
- Determine if testing of configuration was accurate and executed correctly
- Assist with development of an audit checklist
- Communicate findings and scores to business areas
- Audit any other defined processes as requested
Business System Analyst General Job Description:
- Utilizing strong functional/technical area knowledge of and expertise with relevant systems/applications, the incumbent defines, evaluates, and validates requirements, business functional design, and technical design for complex business issues within their domain areas.
- They act as a liaison representing their department and the processes and workings within it to develop effective technical solutions and minimize operational and system/application impacts.
- Coordinates with IT to support problem resolution, testing, software upgrades and related projects of a more complex nature.
Technical Support/Business Expertise:
- Provide advanced technical knowledge and support in operational system/application and procedural issues to the business and IT.
- Use judgment and initiative to review, analyze and develop solutions for business systems while identifying and quantifying the business impact of those solutions.
- Provide systems analysis expertise and regularly considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Coordinate ongoing user support for ad hoc questions, inquiries, and service requests.
- Ensure efficiency of reporting and data tools for supported business area use and for trend analysis.
- Assist less senior Business Systems Analysts to enhance overall team performance
- Facilitate the resolution of large, complex production system problems by performing initial triage for severity and business impact of system/application failures.
- Troubleshooting and analyzing to determine root cause of issues, developing applicable business processes and solutions to ensure quality, cost effectiveness, timeliness of customer service, and regulatory requirements and mandates are met.
- Coordinating with IT, other teams and vendors as needed to devise, test, and implement long term remedies.
- Coordinate the development of system support processes with IT; coordinate daily to resolve production support issues, including application failures and user errors; document, track and report all system support activities
- Work collaboratively on projects and initiatives with the business and IT by eliciting and documenting business requirements and preparing appropriate functional specifications while considering technical capabilities of the system/application and ensuring an integrated approach is used.
- Act as Business Lead/Coordinator on large, complex departmental and/or some corporate projects/initiatives.
- Facilitates project intake, including scheduling of projects.
- Review and approve technical specifications
- Coordinates with IT on implementation and post implementation support
- Coordinate and develop testing plans with Business area and IT
- Serve as point of contact for business testing activities and influence testing strategy to ensures testing will appropriately meet business requirements
- Develop, document and may, in some cases, execute test plans and scenarios
- Analyze and verify results for accuracy, relevance, and completeness.
- Provide impact assessments and make recommendations to the business owner regarding issues, risks, etc.
- Train/coach others on appropriate testing protocol, execution, and test plan creation.
- Assist IT and help identify business area impacts for hardware and software upgrades, security changes, and architectural enhancements as needed.
- Configure and maintain critical system tables and data elements across multiple system environments
- Analyze, develop, and implement configuration changes to improve system performance and user efficiency
- Monitor configuration for accuracy and compliance to change control processes.
- Undergraduate degree with 3 years of application/systems analysis experience (i.e. testing, project team work related to system functionality/process development).
- If no degree, 6 years application/systems analysis experience or 8 years’ experience in relevant business function developing significant technical skills with associated applications/systems
- Direct experience with automated tools to perform analysis and reporting (i.e. Business Objects, query writing) is required.
- Some project coordination experience is required.
- Visual Design tools knowledge/skills required.
- Familiarity with health care industry is preferred
- Experience in consultative role preferred.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills that include workgroup leadership and/or problem resolution across multiple groups.
- Project management skills.
- Focus on proactive and creative solutions to meet current and future business needs.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply technical specifications
- Ability to coach and train less experienced BSAs.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid formal presentation skills.
- Ability to work in and/or lead cross-functional project teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to interpret and present quantitative data.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Process focused
- Solid PC skills with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.