Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6 Months
- Senior Epic Patient Access (Epic Grand Central (fka ADT) Cadence and /or Prelude Certification) Certified Analyst must have previous Epic implementation at least 3+ years’ experience.
- Multiple Full cycle implementation experience preferred.
- Epic Certification must be current or within prior release version.
- Individuals must have a strong background analyzing requirements gathered from clinical end users and other clinical stakeholders, creating BRDs, paper mock ups, flowcharts, project schedules and other tasks such as leading validation sessions and build.
- The right candidate will need the personality to assume ownership of a project, create guidance where there isn’t any and influence the direction if it is not correct.
- Strong written and spoken language skills are a must and a strong background in clinical healthcare technologies and processes is strongly preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview users, stakeholders, and sponsors to assess departmental needs to create Business, functional and technical requirements documents.
- Develop documentation of test plans, technical documentation, release notes, end-user guides, training programs and/or other materials as necessary.
- Analyze and document client’s business requirements and processes; communicate requirements to technical personnel by constructing basic conceptual data and process models, including process flowcharts and technical specifications.
- Decompose information gathered into details including sources of data, data types, users, user types, interface components, interface navigation needs, reporting needs, and administrative system needs.
- Presenting concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and business-focused story boards.
- Research industry practices; collect and analyze data; draw appropriate conclusions and recommendations; present results in written reports or through oral presentations using visual aids.
- Coordinate user groups and project teams, convening conference calls and meetings and maintaining minutes and follow-up logs.
- Work collaboratively with Systems Analyst to develop designs, mockups and prototypes.
- Communicate technical design issues to non-technical people.
- Ability to lead Business in programs with complex projects.
- Provide ongoing communication with users, managers, corporate directors and vendors to assure support and current initiatives.
- Experience with HL7 communications is a plus.
- Experienced working in a Project Management Office (PMO) with cross-functional teams is a plus.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Completed multiple go-lives, and at least one from (near) inception to completion
- Experience with an Epic implementation at a multi-hospital system, and/or a major academic medical center.
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, Information systems, business administration or equivalent experience or education is required.
- At least 3 years of clinical healthcare systems experience.
- At least 3 years of experience on commercial core clinical applications.
- Experience documenting system architecture design and clinical system workflow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, highly analytical, possess strong problem solving skills and must have a desire to be accountable for project success.
- Must be available for off-hour rotational on-call support.
- Detailed knowledge of general phases of SDLC, project management methods
Patient Access Analyst Specific Qualifications / Experience:
- Epic –Grand Central (aka ADT), Cadence and /or Prelude Certification required
- Epic application system build.
- Experience with Referrals.
- This role will require a strong knowledge of referrals and is strong with Order Entry, EAP build, OCC build, and Chronicles searches/report writing.
- Strong technical build (Ambulatory) resource with excellent communication skills.
- Requirement collection, defining workflow, design, build, and test of the Epic Ambulatory module; must have experience working on referral orders, work queues, order transmittal rules, workflow engine rules, patient requisitions etc. Participates in testing system enhancements (i.e. new modules, upgrades, product installs). Performs rigorous testing of new code, templates, scripts, etc., to deliver high-quality end-user solutions
- Operates under deadlines and challenging workloads. Architects and delivers solution innovation for new services, improve services or to lower costs.