Location: Chicago, IL
- Five years of experience in information technology, program/project management, consulting or related experience. Master’s degree in business or technology is a plus.
- Four years’ experience in managing mid-large scale change IT projects, or applications development is preferred including a proven track record of success with managing multiple simultaneous projects and/or projects with a duration of 6+ months and teams of 6-20 people.
- Experience building deploying mobile apps in a modern app development framework is preferred (i.e. Ionic, Flutter, React Native or Cordova)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud preferred.
- Experience building, scaling and refining cloud services preferred.
- Proven ability to author/review business case, scope documentation, functional and system specifications, work breakdown structures, project plans, budget and resource estimates, risk and issue management plans, change management plans, quality assurance plans, user acceptance agreements, process re-engineering documents, workflows and status reports throughout the development process.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, presentation, written communication and documentation skills. Effective communication skills are essential to the success of this position. Individual must be able to work effectively and appropriately with peers, staff, faculty and students.
- In depth knowledge of system development life cycles and system development methodologies. Experience in Higher Education is a plus but not required.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing environments and business situations. Proactively manages change through existing change management processes and project risks though early identification.
- Follows ITS and other Client policies regarding data security and protection/ balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Shares expertise with others; able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences
- Must be detail oriented, results focused, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be able to support change management initiatives.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic; Ability to work independently and in team settings; Focuses on accountability and problem and conflict resolutions
- Diversity-Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; supports and engages with Client DEI initiatives
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; handles sensitive and confidential issues and materials appropriately.