Location: Chicago, IL
- This position is responsible for the support and maintenance of the assigned systems and applications supported by the HRIS team.
- Acts as technical resource to assigned functional areas and subject matter experts to ensure data integrity, troubleshoot and resolve system issues in partnership with IT, define requirements for new modules or enhancements, test and implement solutions, and support and/or manage mass update processes.
- Serves as HRIS functional team expert providing expertise in the HR and Payroll system components.
- Consults with clients to understand business case for changes, process improvements, interfaces (internal and external), or enhancements; evaluates their needs; documents scope and objectives of proposed projects, and works with clients and IT to test and implement approved changes.
- For approved changes utilizing Configuration Console, develop technical specifications, make changes in test environment, conduct testing, and approve for move by IT to production.
- Investigates and analyzes system problems and develops and implements solutions in partnership with functional clients and IT; includes developing functional requirement specifications and test scripts; and testing and implementing system changes and enhancements.
- Maintains HR system configuration tables in Lawson Talent Management (LTM), S3 and other applications as assigned to facilitate accurate and timely entry and maintenance of employee data.
- Manages and/or supports the uploading of mass data changes within the various support systems.
- Responsible for running ad hoc processes and for auditing and troubleshooting both scheduled and ad hoc processes, such as interfaces between LTM and S3 applications.
- Creates and maintains standard reports within HR and Payroll business support systems and responds to data requests for ad hoc and smart notification reports.
- Also responsible for maintaining Lawson Business Intelligence (LBI) Dashboard.
- Participates in system upgrades and patches by performing fit/gap analysis, table configuration changes, preparing test scripts, test execution and implementation.
- Trains and coaches super users/subject matter experts on the appropriate use of the assigned applications/modules.
- Maintains training documentation as needed.
- Develops and maintains HRIS-related procedures to ensure consistent use and maintenance of the systems.
- Makes recommendations on structure and system changes to improve processes and data integrity.
- Leads small to medium-scale projects (teams of 2 or more) from conception to implementation: develops project plan, obtains approvals, manages timelines and milestones, writes test plans, documents and implements solutions.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HRMS and with current applications; participates in periodic Lawson Great Lakes User Group meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least six years of experience in an HRIS role supporting HR and Payroll applications.
- Experience working on implementation(s) and/or upgrade(s) of HR/Payroll-related systems/applications.
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale ERP systems, including implementation, maintenance, upgrading, testing, front and backend processing.
- Strong functional knowledge of HR and Payroll practices and procedures.
- Experience in a team lead role on two or more successful smaller scale projects.