Location: Charlottesville, VA
- Seeking an experienced Kronos administrator with SQL Server experience.
- Applicants with more than 5 years of experience maintaining, updating, and troubleshooting the Kronos system are preferred.
- Deep experience with WIM, SDM, SQL, performance tuning, and configuration of pay rules, work rules, and schedules is preferred.
- Candidates must possess strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Responsible for database administration and ERP application administration.
- As the database administrator, responsible for the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of database systems at the Senior level.
- This includes database administration duties such as continuous monitoring and performance tuning for system efficiencies.
- Ensures system availability, usability, and survivability. Manages systems and develops procedures for database security, backup schedules, restoration, and development.
- Controls system capacity or sizing for supported applications and plans for future needs.
- Troubleshoots system issues with Server Team and vendors.
- Supports Server Teams in their upgrade tasks.
- Supports auditor requests.
- As ERP application administrator, responsible for the installation, upgrade, maintenance, and monitoring of ERP systems at the Senior level.
- Maintains and configures application and web servers, process scheduler, database connectivity, and various application tools components.
- Manages and secures integration with external (cloud) ERP components to extend the capabilities of the core ERP.
- Migrates ERP projects, programs, and files from development to production environments.
- Supports team members and ensures that established deadlines and client needs are met.
- Keeps management well informed of area activities.
- At this level the individual is recognized as an expert in their own area and can solve complex problems independently.
- The individual can work independently on all but the most complex issues and is a resource for lower level team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands all aspects of supporting complex databases, providing overall maintenance, continuous monitoring and auditing for system efficiencies and response-time improvements and quality control.
- Set direction and lead projects to ensure optimal application and system performance.
- Often communicates technical solutions to teammates and management and provides assistance to teammates in an effort to enhance the overall services provided by the group.
- Maintains access methods, access time, security and security documentation, ensures data and system integrity, defines validation checks, loading and unloading data, backup and recovery procedures.
- Performs ERP administration tasks
- Participates as a team member on projects or may lead initiatives where appropriate.
- Regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced data base analysts/administrators.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 5-7 years relevant experience
- License/Certification: None