Location: New York, NY
- Serve as a Sr. Interface Engineer (HL7) by performing analysis and designing integration mapping to accomplish successful integration between multiple systems within and outside of the Enterprise using appropriate HL7 and XML standards and Integration Tools.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve interface issues in Cerner OpenLink/Open Engine, Allscripts eLink, ISS and various clinical, financial and other applications.
- Develop and support of HL7 interfaces for multiple ancillary systems, insurance and regulatory agency data exchanges.
- Provide strong technical expertise in Interface development and support around HL7, CCD/CCDA and Direct Secure Messaging.
- Perform conversion and code old custom interface programs to integrate them in the Interface Engine.
- Produce, update and maintain detailed interface technical documentations.
- Work closely with other Developers and Management on HL7 development and deployment issues.
- Develop, build, and testing of new interfaces using HL7 standards and other proprietary interface models with Allscripts Sunrise Clinical Manager EMR, various ancillary systems and Vendors.
- Refer integration problems as required to vendors.
- Identify new features and capabilities to enhance system usability, HIE expansion, and user adoption.
- Sustain integrity of integration systems through application updates and upgrades. Review release notes, determine impact to downstream systems, make necessary configuration changes and perform integrated testing.
- Mentor, train and supervise interface analysts.
- Assist with maintenance of integration infrastructure including routine support, upgrades, problem diagnosis and performance tuning.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Science, Computer Science, Business, Engineering, or related business degree combined with at least seven years’ experience in a similar role in a Healthcare Technology department.
- 5+ years of experience in interface development and support within a healthcare environment.
- 3+ years of experience working with the Cerner OpenLink or Open Engine or similar interface engine.
- 2+ years of experience working with the Allscripts eLink and ISS interface engines or similar interface engine.
- Expertise in conversion of old custom interface programs to Main Interface Engine.
- Experienced in development and support of HL7 interfaces for multiple ancillary systems, insurance and regulatory agencies for data exchange.
- Experience with HL7 interface design and development with practical experience implementing projects.