Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6+ Months
- The position requirement is to deliver demand management, portfolio management and oversight and reporting solutions for EITS in support of the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Program (DSRIP).
- The NYSDOH has launched a multi-year initiative designed to transform the way health services are delivered to New York State’s Medicaid members.
- This position will be responsible for ensuring that all IT deliverables are delivered for all identified DSRIP initiatives.
- The position is also responsible for working with Performing Provider Systems (PPSs) and Partners, who have committed to creating and sustaining an integrated, high performing health care delivery system by improving health and reducing costs.
- It requires a broad background with financial management, program and project management, service level agreements, objectives, and incident reporting, demand management, process, and procedure development, change management and risk analysis.
- The role requires subject matter leadership, excellent communications skills, and ability to navigate a complex and diverse landscape, and interact effectively as a team lead and liaison with our business partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external business stakeholders including hub and state agencies, Program Directors, senior level PPS members, vendors and clinical leads for the purpose of managing EITS DSRIP related requirements and solutions based on DSRIP business decisions and requirements.
- This includes defining EITS required time frames, funding, procedures, deliverables and staffing levels.
- Establish and nurture strong relationships between the PPS and the EITS Group.
- Lead EITS solution development teams, to define, design, develop and deploy approved solutions for its applicable DSRIP initiatiatives such as inpatient acute care, long term care, emergency department, primary care and behavioral health services.
- Strong background and understanding of managed care, delivery systems serving Medicaid populations with complex medical and mental health issues, with experience in performance improvement projects and the application of technology for the same.
- Review the IT DSRIP goals and deliverables across all the PPS programs and reports to senior management both within EITS as well as the senior OCH DSRIP leadership.
- Strong understanding of the NYS DSRIP program and the overall initiatives and goals of the state.
- Defining program and project milestones, sub-milestones, deliverables and managing the attributes which ensure success including Risks, Issues/Blockers, Decisions, Assumptions, Constraints and Dependencies.
- Liaison to project stakeholders, EITS Service Line managers and engineers.
- Manage the project governance requirements, deliverables, and meeting agenda/minutes/actions.
- Keep project reporting tools up to date and utilize for all status update meetings.
- Analyze, track and report financial views based on capital project budgets, actuals and variances.
- Establishes a single voice in collaborative deliverables (documents and presentations) by working with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams of experts to ensure all stakeholder messages are aligned and clearly communicated for the appropriate audience for project deliverables.
- Building and managing relationships multiple stakeholders, up to Sr. Director and AVP levels, in order to ensure engagement and support.
- Has program and project budget creation and management experience (program and project budget and spend tracking and reporting), informing and optimizing organizational decision-making, operational execution, and resource allocation based on data and sound reasoning
- Has established solution development life cycle processes with cross team and domain solution reviews
- Sound understanding of IT general application and computer control objectives based on industry standards
- Has established IT operational processes and procedures
- Has established book of demand intake, prioritization, and change management processes
- Must have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Has strong leadership skills
- Is customer service focused, with good communications skills, a self-starter, self-supervised and has good influencing skills
- Establishes and matures business relationships with our business partners across EITS and Healthcare
- Facility Networks
- Lead, motivate, and provide training and coaching to team members in order to support Corporate and EITS
- PMO requirements
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Business Administration, or related disciplines; and
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in the field of project management, data processing, computer systems and applications, at least three years’ experience in managerial postion; or
- A satisfactory combination of education, training, and experience
- Demonstrated experience managing IT budget, project portfolio, and operational improvement plans
- Demonstrated experience utilizing ISACA COBIT business framework and established governance, control, risk, and audit processes for an IT organization
- Experience leading a team responsible for supporting an IT Shared Services organization
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification desired
- ISACA CISA Certification desired
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Project, Visio, and SharePoint tools
- Experience in the health care industry is a plus