Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6+ Months
- We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of WTC Business Analyst for a consulting contract.
- The candidate must have a strong background capturing and analyzing requirements gathered from end users and other stakeholders, creating BRDs, functional specifications, paper mock ups and flowcharts or other relevant documents and materials as requested for the World Trade Center initiative or other projects.
- Strong written and spoken language skills are a must and a strong background in clinical healthcare technologies and processes is strongly preferred.
- The BA will partner with business users, project managers and developers.
- Along with the Project Manager, the BA will serve as the primary intermediary between the business and the development team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview users, stakeholders, and sponsors to assess departmental needs to create Business, functional and technical requirements documents.
- Develop documentation of test plans, technical documentation, release notes, end-user guides, training programs and/or other materials as necessary
- Analyze and document client’s business requirements and processes; communicate requirements to technical personnel by constructing basic conceptual data and process models, including process flowcharts and technical specifications.
- Decompose information gathered into details including sources of data, data types, users, user types, interface components, interface navigation needs, reporting needs, and administrative system needs.
- Presenting concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and business-focused story boards.
- Research industry practices; collect and analyze data; draw appropriate conclusions and recommendations; present results in written reports or through oral presentations using visual aids.
- Coordinate user groups and project teams, convening conference calls and meetings and maintaining minutes and follow-up logs.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to develop designs, mockups and prototypes.
- Communicate technical design issues to non-technical people.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a fast-moving team.
- Work within timeline and resource constraints provided by the Project Manager.
- Provide ongoing communication with users, managers, corporate directors and vendors to assure support and current initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, Information systems, business administration or equivalent experience or education is required.
- At least 3 years of clinical healthcare systems experience.
- Experience documenting system architecture design and clinical system workflow.
- Detailed knowledge of general phases of SDLC, project management methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, highly analytical, possess strong problem-solving skills and must have a desire to be accountable for project success.