Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 1 Year
Purpose of Role
- This position is accountable for the implementation, education, support, and maintenance of Information Systems. Maximizing the use of the components of the supported systems is the primary focus of this position.
- This person is the definitive expert/business analyst on the use of these systems and operates as the technical project coordinator for the installation and implementation of new features/functions.
- Supports assigned software applications by relying on established procedures and precedents for specific applications, and offers specific suggestions for improving efficiency within existing applications.
- Provides ITS solutions and services which ultimately contribute to patient safety and care.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports software/systems to ensure optimal utilization.
- Works closely with end users to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Educates end user to ensure efficient and effective use of application/system.
- Needs to be available for on-call duty when necessary.
- Physical requirements noted below.
- Demonstrates understanding of functionality, maintenance and support of specific software applications.
- Supports specific software applications to ensure optimal utilization, functionality and availability.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Analyzes reasonably complex software problems and develops/implements solutions with general guidance.
- Assists in the design, delivery, and improvement of software applications training programs and related courseware.
- Demonstrates an understanding of end users’ business needs, and works closely with end users to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Serves as the primary ITS representative to install upgrades, patches and fixes.
- Educates end user to ensure efficient and effective use of application(s).
Provides troubleshooting for all applications and software within assigned systems area.
- Demonstrates an understanding of software functionality, and seeks additional technical information from managers within ITS Section.
- Complies with the Health System’s Policies/Procedures protecting patient information and the confidentiality of the information in accordance with the Federal and State regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in related healthcare, business, computer science, information sciences, or related field required; experience or alternative degree may be considered in lieu of required education.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within a technology environment, preferably within a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures used within any business applications environment.
- Previous experience in the support and maintenance of information systems required.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Minimum 2 years experience working specifically with the Workday application, with focus on configuration and workflow analysis highly desirable