Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 12 Months
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-sciences related field, or equivalent years of experience is required.
- Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
- Demonstrable training and experience.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience as a Windows Systems Engineer
- Experience with Windows 10 and older Windows workstation versions.
- Experience with VMware and Microsoft System Center Knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Extensive experience in the analysis and design of systems, as well as in troubleshooting and providing technical support for these systems.
- Appropriate technical certifications are a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive experience with AdminStudio and Powershell scripting language is required.
- Experience creating installation packages for 64-bit Windows 10 is required.
- Experience packaging security products and Citrix infrastructure workstation components is desirable.
- Experience with SCCM 2012 Administration is a plus, but is not a function of this job.
- Systems engineers are responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise system hardware and software, mainframe and distributed platforms.
- They provide technical support to other departments in the Information Systems Division.
- They are responsible for the overall integrity, performance, and security of all systems under their stewardship, and are charged with oversight of systems’ documentation, including the development, support, and enforcement of corporate standards.
- Systems engineers are responsible for keeping abreast of new technologies and evaluating their applicability to the environment and stated business goals.
- Serves as technical expert in the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of all assigned systems, responsible for their overall security, integrity, and reliability.
- Oversees the implementation of system upgrades and modifications, including planning, testing, scheduling and coordination.
- Ensures that change management and defined security procedures for all assigned systems are executed in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Minimizes service interruptions through early identification and resolution of problems.
- Analyzes monitoring and maintenance data and implements changes as required to achieve optimum performance.
- Makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Develops, maintains, and oversees a schedule of system backups and test restorations.
- Ensures that the business recovery plan for assigned systems adequately addresses the requirements and established time frames.
- Oversees all support and problem management activities, provides tier-three support and guides less experienced staff in problem resolution.
- Reviews and analyzes problem-management data, in aggregate, to identify issues and trends directly affecting the quality of services.
- Drives the development, implementation, and maintenance of all policies, procedures, and standards pertaining to assigned services and systems, ensuring their conformance with industry-defined best practices.
- Maintains accurate and informative operating records, and assists in the production of systems and services management reports, providing data in prescribed-standard formats as requested.
- Oversees projects pertaining to assigned systems.
- May serve in the role of project lead, assuming responsibility for oversight of most or all aspects of a project.
- Undertakes research and/or evaluation projects as assigned, providing formal documentation of findings and conclusions according to established department standards.