Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 12 Months
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-sciences related field, or equivalent years of experience is required.
- Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
- Seven (7) or more years’ experience as a Windows Systems Engineer.
- Extensive experience in the analysis and design of enterprise systems, as well as in troubleshooting and providing technical support for these systems.
- Appropriate technical certifications are a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to direct enterprise-scale technical projects.
- Experience with Windows 10, Windows server 2016, and older Windows versions.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center is required.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and VMware is required.
- Experience using SCCM 2012 for Windows 10 image construction, application deployment and software patch implementation is required.
- Experience building hardware and virtual images for Windows 10 with task sequences is required.
- Experience building images for Lenovo hardware is a plus.
- Experience using Group Policy to manage baseline workstation security policy and browser configurations is desirable.
- Experience with IBM BigFix is a plus.
- ITIL certification is a plus.
- The Systems Engineer II is responsible for the overall integrity, integration, performance, and security of all assigned systems.
- They provide leadership and guidance to other staff providing systems engineering services, coordinating tasks and ensuring their execution and documentation in accordance with established corporate standards.
- The Systems Engineer II is responsible for keeping abreast of new technologies and evaluating their applicability to environment and stated business goals.
- Serves as top-level technical expert in the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of all assigned systems, responsible for their overall security, integrity and reliability.
- Oversees the implementation of system upgrades and modifications, including planning, testing, scheduling and coordination.
- Ensures that change management and defined security procedures for all assigned systems are executed in accordance with I/S policies and procedures.
- Minimizes service interruptions through early identification and resolution of problems.
- Analyzes monitoring and maintenance data and implements changes as required to achieve optimum performance.
- Makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Develops, maintains, and oversees a schedule of system backups and test restorations.
- Ensures that the business recovery plan for assigned systems adequately addresses requirements and established time frames.
- Oversees all support and problem management activities, provides tier-three support and guides less experienced staff in problem resolution.
- Reviews and analyzes problem-management data, in aggregate, to identify issues and trends directly affecting the quality of services.
- Drives the development, implementation, and maintenance of all policies, procedures, and standards pertaining to assigned services and systems, ensuring their conformance with industry-defined best practices.
- Oversees the maintenance of all operating records, and coordinates the production of assigned systems and services management reports, ensuring the accuracy of the data and the relevance of report metrics.
- Provides general oversight of all projects pertaining to assigned systems.
- May serve in the role of project lead, assuming responsibility for oversight of most or all aspects of a project.
- Undertakes research and/or evaluation projects as assigned, providing formal documentation of findings and conclusions according to established department standards.
- May function in the role of core team lead, with duties of instructing, directing, and checking the work of team members.