Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 3+ Months
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field, or an equivalent combination of education and 4 years work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience administering WebSphere Portal Server and Web Content Management, IIS or IHS Web servers, WAS plug-ins; operating skills with AIX, Linux, and Windows operating systems; knowledge of workflow and security practices. Experience administering Connections and QuickR is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in three industry-leading database environments, such as DB2/UDB, Oracle, SQL Server, or Sybase.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with a software development process including requirements gathering and analysis, design, selection of tools and technologies, release and version control, testing methodologies and deployment management.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience project planning and management skills, including scope of work, time estimation, and resource assignment.
- Certified in IBM WebSphere Portal System Administration v8.0 or v8.5
- Skilled in using MS Office Suite of tools including creating diagram and workflows
- Analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories
- The purpose of this position is to support and maintain existing IBM WebSphere Portal infrastructures.
- The position is to help reduce operational or project delays; improve the hosting systems performance and help customers with deployments, issues, and requests.
- Understanding of how to completely install and configure java and portal applications, test all functions, determine if meeting SLA, define alerts and triggers, troubleshoot and repair, document findings and modifications.
- Effectively operate within a team of highly technical, web-savvy professionals.
- Coordinate enhancements and maintenance of web systems and sites working directly with vendors.
- Understanding of what each web application does, how it is used, and who is responsible for the different components that make up the web application.
- Perform updates/modifications and restarts according to documentation and alerts.
- Perform tests to determine current health and risks/impact when issues occur.
- Maintain system architectures and provide 24 x 7 operational support for those systems.
- Troubleshoot clustered environments from end users to backend databases.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support for WebSphere Portal, Lotus WCM, Connections, and QuickR; their features, servers, and users
- Install, configure, and maintain clustered WebSphere Portal, Lotus WCM, Connections, and QuickR environments
- Implement Portal security and enable authentication using an LDAP repository
- Deploy a Portal from a staging environment to a cluster