Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months
- Responsible for creating and managing interactive design elements, page level layout, task fulfillment and consistent visual treatment of websites, email campaigns, web applications and mobile applications.
- Participate in concept development of design solutions and provide input in how the visual interface should be designed.
- Ensure that the application of visual assets and realization of information design efforts support the users’ needs and align with the design and brand strategy.
Major Job Functions/Components:
- Create innovative designs for web sites, email campaigns, applications and other digital platforms across the enterprise.
- Works as an integral member of project teams with other disciplines including user experience designers, content strategists and developers.
- Produces design concepts that engage with users and fulfill project goals and requirements.
- Works closely with team members on the creation, design and implementation of approved projects.
- Identifies interaction and visual interface requirements and develops design approach.
- Collaborates, consults and shares expertise with user experience designers, content strategists, developers and other team members.
- Ensures consistency with brand guidelines and adheres to style guides and current web best practices and technologies.
- Works with user experience designers and developers to integrate visual and interaction design artifacts into production ready products.
- Updates and maintains style guides and visual standards that ensure consistency with brand guidelines.
- Defines the design strategy and approach for projects while producing interaction and interface requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience designing Web based interfaces and applications.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and other digital design software
- Proficient in HTML / CSS
- Proficient in responsive (Bootstrap) and mobile design
- Experience with LESS a plus
- Hiring Preferences (Additional Education/Experience Preferences)
- Bachelor’s degree in Web design, graphic design, digital arts, or fine arts preferred
- Work experience demonstrates formal understanding, training or experience with user centered design principles and information/interaction design
- Web consulting or services firm experience a plus
- Understanding of how comps translate to code
- Well-rounded design skills with a solid foundation of fundamentals
- Overall understanding of Web production
- Understanding of Web best practices for visual design and digital branding
- Formal design training with direct experience designing for the Web and/or mobile, from producing basic wireframes to extensive design processes
- Passion and curiosity about contemporary design culture and familiarity with current industry thought leaders
- Can work independently or collaboratively as part of cross-functional teams
- An eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle multiple project responsibilities
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Any certifications in visual design, graphic design, Web interface or software interface design, human factors, user interaction design, computer interaction design, information design or related fields a plus
- Must have AGILE