Location: Marshfield, WI
- The Voice Network Engineer provides technical guidance on network technologies to managers, project managers, technicians and/or engineers.
- This position may be involved in planning, implementing, and supporting new or existing complex networking and/or telecommunications systems.
- This individual provides technical assistance in networking, telecommunications planning, architecture, and execution.
- Involved in planning, implementing, and supporting new or existing complex collaboration systems including Cisco Communications Manager, Cisco Contact Center, Enterprise, Cisco Video systems, Polycom Video Systems, and Microsoft Lync.
- Implements and maintains servers, gateways, PSTN circuits and analog telecommunications circuits.
- Implements and maintains overhead paging and other mass communications systems.
- Makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Provides advanced technical assistance in planning, architecture, and execution.
- Researches and analyzes voice and video collaboration systems, procedures, and information requirements.
- Monitors and analyzes system performance.
- Performs testing to ensure the stability of the collaboration systems.
- Works independently or as a team member to plan, develop, implement, and support voice and video systems.
- Prepares documentation for operating instructions, procedures, and controls to assure trouble free operation of systems.
- Ensures connectivity of all PRI circuits, POTS lines and SIP trunks.
- Assists management with development of systems standards, short and long term goals, and project management.
- Evaluates new products and makes recommendations.
- Mentors and provides guidance to team members.
- Participates in an on-call rotation with other team members.
- Keeps abreast of technological developments and changes in the field of information technology in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the mission, vision, and values.
- Lives the shared values of and teaches others to model the values.
- Education qualifications must be from a school whose accreditation is recognized by the client
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related technical field; or
- Associate Degree in an Information Technology/Telecommunications field plus 6 years of relevant work experience and a current industry or technology certification; or
- 8+ years of relevant work experience and a current industry or technology certification is required.
- CCNA Voice/Collaboration, CCNP Voice/Collaboration, or CCIE is highly preferred.
- Calabrio call recording solutions experience preferred.
- 3+ years of progressive work experience as a Voice or Collaboration Engineer, or a related position is required.
Demonstrated competency in telecommunications in an enterprise environment for 3 or more of the following technologies is required:
- Cisco Communications Manager
- Cisco Contact Center Enterprise
- Cisco Unity Connection
- Cisco Video Systems and Endpoints
- Polycom RealPresence Systems
- Polycom Video Endpoints
- Cisco Network Routing and Switching