Location: San Diego, CA
- You are passionate about analyzing and helping solve deep technical challenges and share our fundamental belief that the proper application of technology and data are critical levers in transforming the US healthcare system.
- You have 15+ years of software engineering experience, including a proven record of successful leadership in data-intensive engineering organizations.
- You have deep experience with modern technologies, architectures and agile development methods, and are comfortable and excited by operating in complex, fast-moving environments.
- You have 8+ years of people management experience and can effectively mentor senior leaders on management and technical tracks.
- You have a track record of building high-functioning teams and can help us attract, develop, and retain the best engineering talent in the industry.
- You make people and teams around you better through direct yet kind feedback, effective mentorship, and proactive collaboration.
- You are neither territorial, nor build-an-empire oriented, but rather think, operate and lead toward doing what is best for the company.
- You will be working on an enterprise scale system that is currently operational with over 10 million healthcare members and over 1 billion clinical data points.
- We are expecting to grow to 20 million members by the end of 2020.
- The development group is approximately 20 engineers and we’re planning to scale to 50+ over the next few years.
- We’re looking for someone who has experienced scale and growth rate to help us build the team successfully while continuing to enhance our platform and continuously.
- As the VP of Engineering you will oversee the software development team responsible for delivering and enhancing the company’s software systems.
- Your primary responsibility will be to grow and lead a world class engineering team and ensure they have everything they need to be successful.
- As part of the leadership team, you will align teams around strategic decisions and ensure we are operating on the right vision, strategy, and roadmaps to solve our most pressing problems. In addition, you will manage roadmaps, timelines, and overall execution in your organization; ensure smooth cross-team and cross-departmental collaboration; and ensure consistent performance management.