Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months
- Responsible for designing user interfaces, interactions and information architectures for Web sites and applications and validating that those designs meet both business requirements and the needs of end users.
- Act as a critical link between the end user, business owner and the web office team to ensure that user-centered design principles and best practices are applied to all web experiences.
- Represent the voice of the user
- Be an advocate for user needs throughout the development lifecycle
- Raise/escalate issues that could impact the usability of proposed designs
- Effectively explain and sell design recommendations
- Plan, coordinate and conduct user research
- Conduct site visits, contextual inquiries, lab-based and remote usability tests, surveys and/or other research to identify, understand and prioritize user needs and workflows
- Research and analyze industry trends and competitor sites; and prioritize and promote design recommendations based on research findings.
- Design user interfaces
- Translate business requirements, use cases and functional specifications into information architecture, user interface and interaction design for optimal user experiences
- Develop user experience documentation (wireframes and flows) detailing proposed solutions and revise as necessary to achieve stakeholder approval
- Evaluate proposed and existing designs
- Evaluate User Interface design at all stages of the development lifecycle (in wireframe form, in development and after implementation)
- Plan, organize and conduct usability testing sessions with both internal and external users
- Work collaboratively with Web Experience team members to ensure that visual design is user-friendly and consistent, and that copy is clear, concise, and user-friendly