Location: Tampa, FL
- Under the general supervision of a manager, responsible for providing assistance and technical support for network platform design activities.
- Performs and coordinates the day-to-day administrative work in maintenance, repair, and installation, as well as the organization, development, and configuration of telephone and electronic communications systems.
- Configures and programs Call Pilot and Call Parrot Communications systems include Nortel Meridian 1 systems, voice mail, call management equipment, automatic call distribution, and associated cabling for both campus and off-site systems.
- This position will require being on-call in a rotation 24 hours for a week at a time every few weeks.
- Work outside of normal work hours as needed for projects and issues.
- Directly interacts with assigned department managers and staff to provide automation services in support of department’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Develops and maintains system specification and technical documentation.
- Follows ITIL standards including change, incident, and problem management.
- Acts as liaison between information technology vendors and the client.
- Participates in department and hospital task forces, focus groups and/or committees as assigned by supervisor to meet the group objectives.
- Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values.
- High School or GED required.
- A+ certification and Two (2) Additional Certifications & Credentials (i.e. Microsoft MCP, CCNA, or CompTIA Network+) are required.
- Six (6) years of Computer Operations experience installing, analyzing and diagnosing PC hardware and software problems with two (2) years minimum experience in any Telecommunications, IP Telephony, Voice Mail, Unified Communications support role is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field plus two (2) year of experience in any Telecommunications, IP Telephony, Voice Mail, Unified Communications support role or Associate’s degree plus four (4) years of Computer Operations experience installing, analyzing, and diagnosing PC hardware and software problems with two (2) years minimum experience in any Telecommunications, IP Telephony, Voice Mail, Unified Communications support role may be equivalent consideration.
- Proficiency with computer-based analytical and reporting tools such as spreadsheet, database applications and Basic Powershell scripting skills required for Exchange, Lync, and AD support roles in Health Care, Information Technology.
- Microsoft Hosted Exchange, Exchange Security, Lync (IM and Presence), Audio Conferencing, Voice Mail, Video Conferencing, mobile devices, MDM, and integration with various other systems including Epic, biomedical device middleware, and Avaya PBX is preferred.
- Seeking a well-rounded, technical individual to work as part of a Unified Communications team supporting multiple tier 1, mission critical applications and communications infrastructure in a 24/7 patient care environment.
- Applications include Cisco UC stack, Microsoft Office 365 hybrid Exchange and ADFS, Skype For Business, Spok/Amcom, Voalte, and AirWatch.
- Must have 3+ years’ experience designing, building, and supporting enterprise level solutions/applications that are highly available.
- Candidate should have development experience.
- Unified Communications and PowerShell experience is a plus but not necessary.
- Position will spend half time development, half time engineering, and be part of a 24 hour on-call rotation which would occur for one full week at a time every 1-2 months.
- Must be familiar with ITIL and source control concepts.