Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 3+ Months
- We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
- Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application, developing a structure to front-end coding for others, and help training other developers in the “art” of front-end coding.
- You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Strong development experience using HTML5, CSS3, HTML/CSS, AJAX, JSON
- Strong knowledge of Single Page Application and Responsive Web Design
- Knowledge of UI Libraries and Frameworks/Exposure to modern Web UI Frameworks
- Experience in integrating with REST Services
- We are seeking a candidate that demonstrates a passion for keeping current with technical trends and develops and incorporates them within assignments as appropriate.
- Development Experience: 5+ years
- Web/UI/Front End design & development: 3+ years
- Knowledge of UI Frameworks such as Angularjs, Backbone, Ember, etc
- Ability to work closely with technical leads and architects in the development of world-class enterprise applications
- Strong understanding of User Experience, Information Architecture and Interactive Design concepts
- Knowledge of cross-browser design/development
- Understanding of CSS pre-processors (LESS and SASS, use of Variable, Mixins, Nesting) and flex/flexbox
- Cross-browser compatibility and testing expertise; able to identify which browsers support various HTML5/CSS3 features, comfortable debugging code in each browser’s Developer Tools (experience in the use of Firebug highly desired)
- Understanding of the basic issues with Accessibility standards (Section 508) for Federal web apps
- Experience creating and documenting Web UI coding standards/guidelines for design
- Meticulous attention to detail, self-starter, customer-focused, comfortable working on cross-functional teams, able to handle a highly complex project in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications and teamwork skills
- Experience with C# is a plus