Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 3 Months
- The Telecom Systems Engineer is responsible for the design, integration, performance, security of all Telecommunication services.
- Telecommunication services include but are not limited to PBX services, voicemail services, call recording services, business continuity and disaster recovery services, and cellular services.
- The Telecom System Engineer position is providing support of telecommunication services, coordinates tasks, and ensures their execution and documentation in accordance with established corporate standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience are required.
- 10+ years technical experience working in various telecommunications positions with an emphasis on network design, project planning and call center consulting.
- Extensive experience working with PBX systems, voice network design, and call center design required.
- Extensive Knowledge of voice traffic theory concepts required.
- Extensive analysis, problem resolution, and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Extensive knowledge of Voice Over IP (VOIP), SIP, SBC and Verint Call Recording in a large enterprise environment is required.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience in the design and use of telecommunications hardware and software.
- Excellent leadership skills are required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must have proven ability to lead very large technical projects or multiple concurrent medium to large projects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with users at all levels of the company.
- A strong customer service orientation, with excellent leadership and communication skills is a key requirement for this position.
- Telephony and Network related certifications are preferred.
- Verint- SBC- station border control, Computer laptop, software packages, Avaya PBX,
- Interpersonal needs to be professional and personable in front of leadership, customers, and vendors.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designing, engineering, and coordinating the delivery of telecommunications services to all employees.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for large-to-very large projects requiring telecommunication services, ensuring timely planning and implementation.
- Duties include changing priorities and tasks to most effectively match a varied grouping of skills to fit customer needs.
- Provide technical solutions to complex business problems.
- Manage multiple assignments and problems in an environment of continually changing priorities while keeping management and user departments informed of progress along the way.
- Make recommendations within appropriate corporate, division, and departmental policies
- Provide technical support and training in the productive use of telecom resources.
- Maintain current expertise while acquiring experience with new or emerging systems; keeping abreast of the rapid developments in the industry by education or hands-on experience in order to make recommendations on future directions.