Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 10 Months
- This position within the Knowledge Management Team supports CGSO – Commercial and Government Service Ops that includes all Claims, Membership (enrollment and fulfillment) Customer Service, Configuration, Analystics, Quality, Re-org in mid-2017 has expanded areas of support hence the need for support.
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- May be responsible for coordinating the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area and 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Intermediate MS Word experience required, Visio and Sharepoint skills are a bonus.
- Needs to be comfortable interviewing subject matter experts including on a technical level and then documenting their processes step by step.
- Needs to be well versed in Word (Intermediate) as well as Envision (in-house, will receive training).
- Sharepoint and Visio experience helpful but not required.
- Individual will be interviewing team leads on technical information about how to process claims, input membership info, answer calls etc. then craft that into documentation to be used by members to reference material for answering their calls.
- Inter-department future goal – combined system for all process documents but for now using different, HTML, Word, Robo help.
- Training available.
Day in The Life of Contractor:
- Each Tues/ Thurs am they review Sharepoint Intake (work orders for team) and divide up, process requests, read through and see if needs a draft and they would need to need to connect to subject matter expert, interview them on steps needed to complete work, then go back and draft process then review with SME, get final approval before going live for publication (documented process for any needed revisions).
- Once per week sends e-mail blast to all users to alert them of new releases and/or document updates.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Well versed in Intermediate to Advanced Word as well as Envision (in house) – i.e. track changes and comparing documents.
- Need to know how to translate technical aspects of a process on paper step by step.
- Sharepoint and Visio helpful – ENTRY LEVEL ok – will be trained.
Soft Skills and Team Fit:
- Need to be comfortable interviewing members including technical users and drawing out the information to document.
- Talk to users at all levels and gain knowledge, partner to gather screen prints, etc.
- Great collaboration skills needed.