Location: Philadelphia, PA
Duration: 11 Months
- Establishes team vision, mission, yearly operational goals and tactical plans in alignment with key customers, IS and the organization as a whole.
- Creates monthly dashboard/status report to show progress with tracking towards goals as well as identification of improvements needed to meet/surpass goals.
- Facilitates and negotiates prioritization of service requests with business leaders based on strategic drivers and business value (ROI).
- Leads application support functions.
- Oversees and enhances processes to ensure system reliability, stability, data integrity and recoverability.
- Establishes service level agreements with customers and operational level agreements with other IS service units.
- Accountable to deliver on these.
- Ensures that processes are in place to identify and resolve application problems.
- Coordinates activities of the support team to maintain service levels and resolve issues.
- Creates and communicates metrics against support goals.
- Manages work request intake, scoping and scheduling.
- Provides technical leadership to project managers and team members working projects for IS deliverables such as interfaces, conversions, reports, and security.
- Supports project management methodology.
- Participates in the software development life cycle including but not limited to key sign-offs for design reviews, code reviews, and implementation planning.
- Efficiently manages resource allocations to projects.
- Enforces IT best practices in quality assurance and change management.
- Supports and facilitates change management processes necessary to ensure segregation of duties, quality testing, and auditable promotion of changes through the development, QA and production infrastructure environments.
- Manages budget for assigned cost center.
- Participates in the annual IT planning and budgeting processes for project, support, and maintenance activities.
- Develops and maintains teams with subject matter expertise in business domains, industry best practices, and emerging technologies in support of business objectives and goals
- Efficiently manages resource allocations to projects, application maintenance, and work requests based on service level agreements and organization priorities.
- Effectively leads, manages, motivates, and technically evaluates the team in achieving their goals.
- Promotes the development and productivity of individual group members.
- Develops a culture of inter-group and inter-departmental teamwork with frequent communication.
- Monitors resource work efforts, performs resource capacity planning, assigns work to resources, estimates new resource needs, justifies, and requests resources.
- Implements cross-training plans, sharing knowledge across the team.
Vendor and Contract Management:
- Reviews all new contracts and contract renewals for supported products.
- Participates in contract term and pricing negotiations.
- Tracks renewal dates and engages in contract re-negotiation.
- Ensures that statements of work are thorough, complete and in compliance with the client’s SOW standards.
- Ensures vendor is providing services as stipulated in our maintenance and service contracts.
- Ensures tracking of application licensing.
- Strong knowledge of ERP processes in Finance, Supply Chain and Human Resources
- Experience with Workday implementations a huge plus
- Experience in improving operations such as SLA management, root cause analysis, obtaining customer feedback, and implementing proactive measures to ensure production stability
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Experience supporting applications running on the following environments: Unix, Windows, Oracle, SQL Server
- Project management experience is a plus
- Requires proven communication skills, problem-solving skills and knowledge of best practices to guide the team on issues related to the design, development, deployment and maintenance of mission-critical applications.
- Knowledge of automated software and system management tools.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Knowledge of database design and file management techniques preferred
- BS or BA Degree in IS or related business field required
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience providing integrated, technical solutions
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience providing customer-focused solutions
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing technical resources in a fast-paced information services environment is required
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills is required
- Consulting experience is a plus
- MBA a plus
- Healthcare experience is a plus