Location: Austin, TX
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of professional experience in Linux administration and support.
- Has strong knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in systems administration.
- Possesses the technical skills needed to administer, modify, maintain, and support computers running Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of multiple scripting languages (e.g. perl, python, shell scripting) and ability to automate procedures.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex technical issues to meet needs of faculty, staff and students with widely varying technical backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and without day-to-day supervision on highly varied technical tasks with changing priorities.
- Professional demeanor with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and problem solving.
- Five years of experience in Linux administration and support.
- Experience managing Ubuntu.
- Significant programming background in an applicable language (e.g. perl, python).
- Experience with content management systems (e.g. MediaWiki, Atlassian Confluence, WordPress, Subversion).
- Experience with system monitoring, performance tuning, and automated incident response systems.
- Experience with network management and information security.
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills and the ability to identify, define, interpret, and resolve both technical and user issues.
- Ability to develop new technical skills as technology evolves.
- Administer and maintain a linux desktop management tool to begin standardizing linux devices as well as maintain compliance on network.
- Perform day-to-day desktop administration functions such as user support, trouble shooting, management server configuration, and facilitating backups and 3rd party integrations.
- Perform routine desktop administration functions including: OS installs and updates, performance monitoring, security monitoring, and hardware maintenance.
- Evaluate, recommend, plan, implement, and document enhancements to Linux desktop systems and internal OIT resources.
- Monitor all critical network and systems events.
- Assist with the administration and management.