Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6+ Months
- We are looking for an individual with Big Data experience, familiar with the HADOOP environment and skilled with tools such as SPARK, IMPALA, HIVE, PIG, UNIX, PYTHON at a Senior level.
- Responsible for the analysis, development, installation, modification and support of complex software and/or information solutions.
- Designs software and/or information solutions based on functional area assigned.
Major Job Functions/Components:
- Independently perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand and execute all assignments.
- Independently code, debug, revise and document intricate objects or systems.
- Design solutions based on functional area assigned.
- Works closely with solution and information architecture to ensure alignment to design.
- Implement the tested and approved objects in a manner which protects the integrity of all test and production environments.
- Adhere to all solution delivery standards, service level agreements, and processes (i.e., Balancing, Data Security, Walkthru and Approval processes, Program/System documentation, Status Reporting, Escalation, Change Management, Problem Management, Software Development Methodology, etc.), as well as participate in the development of these standards and processes.
- Independently analyze complex business problems or opportunities and prepare detailed specifications and estimates from which objects will be written at the project level.
- Evaluate solution options and make buy vs. build recommendations to management.
- Independently provide effective communication to business and IS partners.
- This includes verbal, written, and electronic communication, as well as delivering presentations.
- Create effective unit test plans from the technical specifications as well as review junior staff members’ unit test plans for completeness/thoroughness.
- Independently analyze application and system problems and incidents; develop recommendations and solutions for those problems, implement those solutions, and provide communications on the associated actions, business impacts, and results.
- Identify best practices, communicate and implement these practices to the department.
- Create and sustain business literacy and understanding of business processes in the IS organization.
- Provide detailed application and code expertise to the development, testing, business teams.
- Coordinates vendor solution delivery and partners with vendors to effectively meet business needs and timelines.
- Provide direction and assistance to junior staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or mathematics OR Associate’s degree specifically in computer science field.
- 5 years development experience.
- With no degree, 7 years experience required.
- Significant experience with at least one development language (i.e. COBOL, JAVA, SIEBEL, PEGA, J-Caps, Ab Initio, etc).
- Experience working with vendors for effective solution delivery.
- Professional Certification
- Experience with integrated solutions.
- Experience with software development tools (i.e. Rational)
- Experience with testing methodologies with the stated major development languages.
- Experience with at least one of the major database systems (i.e. DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata).
- Ability to apply seasoned judgment to facilitate informed decision making in difficult situations.
- Strong relationship management skills to facilitate effective working relationships with vendors.
- Ability to manage and/or participate in projects and ensure work is completed on time with high quality
- Must be self directed with proven initiative.
- Focused on continuous learning with solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to interview with a focus on fact finding and discovery
- Ability to assimilate factual data pursuant to formulating a conclusion
- Process and logic oriented
- Effective verbal or written communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to be self-disciplined, flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Comfortable providing recommendations and status updates on a regular basis
- Highly organized with the ability to work in an environment where the ability to effectively multi-task is often needed