Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 3+ Months
- Bachelors Degree Technology, Business, Education or equivalent work experience required Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in Software Quality Assurance (SQA) or minimum 2 years in the SQA Analyst I role
- Experience testing Relational Databases and creating SQL queries
- Knowledge of quality assurance and testing methodologies
- Experience testing applications where no GUI testing was involved; all testing was back-end processing, file processing, and/or interfaces between systems
- Experience with Unix and Mainframe operating systems preferred
- Familiar with processes and procedures using IT industry standards (i.e., ITIL, COBIT, IEEE, etc…)
- Knowledge and working experience with commercial/enterprise performance and reliability testing / load generation tools such as Mercury or Rational or similar.
- Alternatively, working knowledge of open source performance/load generation tools like JMeter, WebLoad, OpenSTA preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to interact, facilitate and establish strong working relationships with internal customers, external partners, and strategic vendors
- Intermediate proficiency at establishing testing strategies, developing test plans, and use of testing tools.
- Understanding of entire project with the ability to define testing strategy with assistance, creates test plans, and performs testing as assigned.
- Understand and gathers project requirements from the customer, both internal and external, creating and reviewing specification artifacts
- Review requirements and identify gaps/missing information
- Estimate small to medium projects using any one or more estimation techniques
- Derive Scenarios for testing
- Design test case using test design techniques
- Performs testing utilizing different testing techniques
- Execute and report results for assigned areas of the project
- Knowledge of functional automation tools and performance automation tools
- Assist in resolving the problems identified by the team members.
- Reports the work completed to the reporting manager effectively and provides complete visibility to all stakeholders
- Promotes and recommends improvements to the quality assurance standards Skilled in Analysis, Design and Developing test cases for SQL objects verification and testing.
- Experience in Execution of Test Cases and Preparation of Test Data using SQL Server and DB2 databases.
- Perform ad-hoc and Regression testing of system components.
- Possess good Knowledge of Software Testing Levels, SDLC,
- Testing Life Cycle and database testing procedures.
- Experience in all types of Test Documentation: Test Scenarios, Test Cases etc.