Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6+ Months
- API architect is responsible for designing and implementing API solutions and strategy, and the API adoption process within the organization.
- Candidate must be able to lead and guide a team on developing solutions that fully integrate and collaborate with existing IT systems to solve complex business solutions.
- Candidate should have a holistic view of enterprise solutions, taking into consideration operational costs, security, performance engineering, application development, and systems management.
- Candidate for this position must be able of playing different roles within the team, from lead architect to high-skilled developer and technical leader to consultant and technical evangelist.
- The candidate must have a sound understanding of API and technology architecture but also very good communication skills, with the ability to adapt them to different audiences.
Technical Skills Required:
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in API management platforms and API related activities: requirement analysis, solution architecture and design, resource-based API modeling, micro-services architecture
- Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best-practices
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in API security standards and implementation (Oauth, OpenId)
- Knowledge regarding APIs applied to business: API Economy, Monetization / Billing, Industry use cases
- Proven track record of acting as SME for API projects
- Knowledge and experience designing and implementing SOA and API Governance
Min 8 years of Development experienced and 4+ years of experience as both a hands-on architect and a software engineer in the following domains:
- IBM Datapower and API Connect
- Java EE including (Web Services, REST, JPA).
- Database (SQL server/Oracle/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra)
- SOA, EDA, and Design patterns.
- Knowledge and experience with CI/CD tools
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Full-Stack Engineering vision: ability to leverage breadth of experience and knowledge to architect and design solutions
- Leadership experience in architecting, developing and deploying enterprise class solutions in customer facing environments
- Excellent communications skills – ability to engage in deep technical discussions with customers and peers and become a trusted technical advisor
- Problem-solving orientation.
- Thinker and doer attitude.